For my online Students: Send me your answers to the following questions…to others send us your comments!
How can technology help you personalize learning?
How can technology engage multiple intelligences (according to Gardner’s Theories)?
How can technology bridge the digital divide in K-12 (kindergarten to 12th grade or the end of High School) settings?
How can technology assist the independent learner?
How can technology be used to simultaneously deepen student understanding and accelerate student achievement standards?
Read the following document to get into the debate:
For more in-depth information, read the following documents:
Before you answer the discussion topics, watch 1 or more of the following videos:
Learning to Change: Student Voices (Difficult)
Instructions: Write out your answers to the following questions.
1. Do you think it’s important to get students’ opinions about the place of technology in the classroom? Why or why not? Do you think it makes a difference if the learner is an adult?
2. What technological devices do you think are useful in the classroom and for what purpose? Do you think there’s a difference between a school or a corporate classroom for adults?
3. Do you think hi-tech devices are important for all subjects taught in traditional schools?
4. How do you see the teacher’s or trainer’s role in schools today? In the future?
5. Do you think that technology can replace teachers to save money? Do you think that older students can learn by themselves with a computer? Why or why not?
6. Should students still be learning basic skills like penmanship or should they be concentrating on how to use a keyboard?
7. Do you think that technology can help minority students catch up to more affluent students?
8. Should computers be used with very young children (3 to 7)? Why or why not?
9. Why do you think two educational specialists (Clements and Samara) called their book “A Response to Fool’s Gold” when talking about educational technology? Do you agree?
Instructions: Imagine you belong to the School Board of Franklin Middle School, an urban school located in a minority neighborhood with a student population of 1500. You must decide how to spend a $50,000 donation which has been given to your school. Make an itemized list of how you’re going to use the money.